Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another delicious grilled pizza!

It's been WAY too long since my last posting...substitute teaching has gotten under way so things have gotten a bit busier...

That doesn't mean we haven't had great dinners! This pizza was very exciting because I found a new pizza crust from Mama Mary's at Wegmans....it was a red pepper flake crust! When I saw it, I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!!

Now, I just did a google search on this crust and wasn't able to find anything...so I am hoping it is due to it being a new product because after having this crust, I doubt I will buy anything different!

Since it was a spur of the moment find (meaning it wasn't on the shopping list), I didn't exactly have all the ingredients in my kitchen for the topping I had in mind....

Pepperoni (and other stuff) Grilled Pizza

Ingredients

**Mama Mary's Red Pepper Flake Pizza Crust** (although any crust would work)
-Red Pepper, diced (1/4 c.)
-Cilantro, chopped (handful)
-couple slices of pepperoni
-fresh spinach
-garlic, minced
-sliced cherry tomatoes
-salt/pepper
-sauce
-mozzarella cheese
And of course, EVOO and some PAM spray

(any toppings would do...and the amount you use is COMPLETELY up to you!)

Steps

1. Turn the grill on high (get the temperature to 400-450 degrees)
2. Make sure you spray the crust with some PAM before you put the sauce on. (I have found it makes the crust less likely to taste dried out.)
3. Saute the minced garlic with the cilantro, red pepper and tomatoes.
4. Add the spinach and some salt and pepper
5. Top the crust with the sauce, cheese and the sauteed toppings. Add pepperoni slices.
6. Turn the heat down on the grill (low), grill the pizza 4 minutes (covered), then rotate, grill for another 4 minutes (covered), check the bottom...it may need a few more minutes...it depends on your grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment