Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Off the Bone Chicken...made with BEER!

I don't believe I have ever seen my husband inhale his dinner as fast as he did with this recipe. And, it was SUPER easy! (especially since I didn't measure a single thing!)

Dinner is served!

Fall Off the Bone Beer Chicken

Ingredients

*one can of beer (I used light beer)
*Chicken (I used drumsticks)
*fresh cilantro
*PAM spray
A few shakes of the following:
*oregano
*chili powder
*onion salt (next time I am going to use actual onions)
*cumin
*garlic salt
*sea salt and pepper

Directions

1. Spray the crock pot with PAM spray.
2. Pour in the beer and then put the chicken in the crock pot.
3. Shake in the dry ingredients and the fresh cilantro. The picture below shows how the "stuff" was literally just thrown on top of the chicken.
Before cooking...

If frozen, cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 8-10 hours (I cooked the chicken on low for 8 hours)
If fresh, cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours

That's it! WOOHOO!

 
The meat literally falls off of the bone, so be careful getting it out of the crock pot. The drippings are to die for as well.

Since I used a "mexican" spice theme, I paired the chicken with spanish style rice and the yellow squash I had. I added some cilantro to the pan when I was cooking the squash. It added it a nice little hint of cilantro taste. And, again, his dinner was gone in less than 5 minutes and he wanted to know if there were any second helpings...

No comments:

Post a Comment