Monday, September 17, 2012

Flavorful Chicken Parm

I love a tasty Italian inspired dish...I mean let me clarify...I love anything with garlic, mozzarella, basil, cheese, sauce and pasta...seriously...you CAN'T go wrong with these ingredients....



Flavorful Chicken Parm

Ingredients

*chicken breasts (thawed)
*2 roma tomatoes
*Cloves of garlic (I used 5-6), minced
*Fresh basil leaves
*1 egg
*1 c. italian bread crumbs
*variety of dry italian seasonings (oregano, parsley, garlic, thyme)
*spaghetti sauce
*1 can of chicken broth (low sodium)
*shredded mozzarella cheese
*spaghetti noodles (or whatever you have laying around)

Side Note: I will admit, this recipe has a lot going on with it and a lot of dishes. I hate when a recipe makes for an awful kitchen cleanup...that being said, this recipe is DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

Directions

**Before you begin, you are going to want to gather all of the things you are going to need to make this recipe. This includes dishes AND ingredients.

1. Mince your garlic, chop the tomatoes, julienne the basil. Set all aside.
2. Mix your bread crumbs and dry italian seasionings together in a flat bottomed dish. Break the egg and whisk it in another dish. (Make sure these dishes are near the pan) **Less clean-up**
3. Heat the chicken broth (add some garlic and basil in the pan for flavor)bring  to a low simmer.
(Also, heat the water for the noodles)

4. When the pan is warm, dip the chicken breast in the egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Place into the chicken broth. You can cover or keep the chicken uncovered. Flip the chicken once. I cut into the chicken to make sure it is no longer pink before taking it off the heat.

5. While the chicken is cooking, warm the spaghetti sauce.  Cook the noodles according to the package.

6. Once all of the pieces to this dinner are complete, layer the plates to your liking. I like to put my cheese on top of the spaghetti and sauce. Then, I put the chicken on and then I add fresh tomatoes and more fresh basil.


Good luck with the clean up...you could always follow the rule of the one who cooks is NOT the one who cleans up! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment