Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chicken, Lettuce, and Avocado...Now, what's for dinner?

I took a quick inventory of what was in the kitchen and knew I needed to continue to include all of this lettuce somehow...I found a very ripe avocado, some frozen chicken and (of course) lettuce. What to do? What to do? Clearly, I needed some inspiration...came across this recipe from SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl.

It was delicious, but we grilled our chicken (and bacon...more about that in a bit) and I did a Creole rub for the chicken. The chicken ended up being too dry. Next time, I think I am going to soak it in a marinade....so this will be a recipe I "redo" in the coming weeks.

So, yes, we grilled our bacon!!!!!  It was amazingly delicious!!! I didn't think any improvement was needed from our weekend morning bacon, but now that we made it on the grill...I might have my husband fire up the grill every weekend from now on. All I did was put the pieces of bacon on a piece of aluminum foil and my husband put it on the top shelf. Cooked 2 1/2 minutes on each side. It was a new type of crispy.

This picture doesn't do the bacon ANY justice.
(All of the pictures for this post were taken with my camera phone...apologies for the fuzzy pictures)

So, the recipe that I followed is below. I already am thinking of some changes based on my own preferred taste. It was a very easy recipe and still quite yummy.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Bacon Dressing

Avocado Bacon Dressing
1 ripe avocado (mashed)
approximately 1/4 t. cajun seasoning (I used a bit more)
1 1/2 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. hot sauce
1/4 t. Worcestershire sauce
3 pieces of bacon (crumbled)
salt/pepper to taste


Grill the chicken (We grilled at 450 degrees for 3 minutes on each side)


Lay the chicken on romaine lettuce leaves.

Top with the Avocado Bacon dressing.
Picture was taken with my camera phone...and terrible planning with the background. Ah well.
My husband actually ate it as a wrap. I cut everything up and made it into a salad. A few bites in we both topped it with our homemade salsa. 

All in all...it was delicious. And, the grilled bacon...I still cannot say enough. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment